be a star at parx!
added by popular demand - season 3!
every thursday, september 6 - november 15 • 7pm • club 360
can you sing, perform magic or juggle? do you have a dance crew, acrobatic troupe or step team?
if you've got talent - we've got your stage! enter now for your chance to be awarded
the coveted "parx got talent" champion title and your share of $7,500!
two talented acts will be chosen each night to advance to the finale show on november 15.
do you have what it takes?
Q: Do I need to have promotional material in order to enter?
A: No. However, it may help your act to be selected.
Q: Can I request a specific date to appear?
A: No, but we will do our best to work with your schedule.
Q: How long should my performance be?
A: All performances should be atleast two minutes, but no longer than three minutes.
Q: What are the dimensions of the stage/ what type of stage is it?
A: Wooden stage.
Upstage is 40' across.
Depth of the stage is 20'.
Q: Do I need to bring my own equipment?
A: We will supply a bass amp, 2-guitar amp and a drum kit. All other equipment must be supplied by the contestants.
Q: What format should my music be in?
A: We request all music to be on a CD in MP3 or MP4 format.
Q: Can I re-enter the contest if I compete one week and do not make the top two?
A: Yes, only if there is room on the schedule to put you in.
RULES & JUDGING
- 1. This contest is open to all talent 21 years and above.
- 2. Vendors, employees or any individuals remunerated by parx casino are not eligible to participate.
- 3. Music selection must be submitted prior to your performance date. Contestants may not use the same music as any other act on that date. Selection is awarded in the order that acts register. An entertainment committee will contact all contestants. Please have more than one music selection in case your choice is already taken.
- 4. Songs and performances that contain vulgar lyrics, language or behavior will result in immediate disqualification.
- 5. No pyrotechnics or fire of any sort will be allowed.
- 6. Contestants will be judged on the following:
- Overall Performance
- Stage Presence
- Technical Ability
- 7. Point deductions will occur if time limitations are not adhered to. Performances should be between 2 – 3 minutes long.
Judges scores will NOT be made public and are the property of Parx Casino and Center Stage Entertainment Inc.
TERMS & CONDITONS
- Entrants must be U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. All entrants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Entrants must sign and agree to all terms and conditions presented by Parx Casino and Center Stage Entertainment Inc before the auditioning process.
- Entrants will comply to any time limitations for their performance.
- All promotional material becomes the property of Parx Got Talent, and by auditioning, you are granting Parx Casino and Center Stage Entertainment and their affiliates the right to use your image and your audition in the manner they see fit without compensation. This includes, but is not limited to, promotion, web promotion and news content.
- In the event of physical or bodily injury during the course of auditions, entrant agrees to hold Parx Casino and Center Stage Entertainment, harmless for damages and any resulting costs.
- No fee is necessary to enter. Entrants may only perform once per week.
- If you are chosen as a finalist, you will be notified by Parx Casino and/or Center Stage Entertainment Inc.
- Parx Casino and Center Stage Entertainment Inc are solely responsible for the audition day activities and for those chosen for subsequent performances.
- The decision of the judges is final. No score sheets will be made available.
- Parx Casino and Center Stage Entertainment Inc accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, to any person or property, caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, or use of any prize awarded here under.